Bribery Act & Proceeds of Crime - Written by Barry & Richard on Monday, November 28, 2011 16:47 - 0 Comments
It’s not our first Rodeo *but* it is our first Rodeo in Texas – join us in Houston next week
We’ll be in Houston Texas so why not come along and join us on Wednesday December 7th at the Hilton Houston Post Oak for a comprehensive look at the lessons learned over the past four years. Learn how DPAs and NPA can help guide your FCPA policy.
Bribery Act and FCPA Summit
The UK Bribery Act has been described as “The FCPA on Steroids.” For global companies, and for those which have business in the UK, the risks under the Bribery Act are real.
World Compliance is proud to sponsor the only US appearance in 2011 by the UK’s Bribery experts, Barry Vitou and Richard Kovalevsky QC, who work with corporate clients worldwide in the UK Bribery Act compliance and enforcement arena.
Joining Barry and Richard will be Tom Fox and Michael Volkov, who will address the global anti-corruption enforcement risks.
Learn from our expert team about:
- The current enforcement activity of the UK’s Serious Fraud Office and the dangers of UK Bribery Act liability
- The current risks under the UK Bribery Act
- How the UK Bribery Act and the FCPA differ in scope and enforcement priorities
- How global companies are designing compliance programs to comply with both the UK Bribery Act and the FCPA
- How joint investigations and prosecutions by the SFO and the US Department of Justice and SEC pose significant risks to global businesses
- The risks to global businesses, especially those involved in energy and private equity, in the rapidly expanding global enforcement network
The Houston event is sure to be unique and offers the rare perspective on the interaction of the UK Bribery Act and the FCPA
CLE credit for Texas is available to all attendees.
Interested in coming along? Sign up details here.