Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site http://thebriberyact.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our newsletter or posting comments.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Athough we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our mailing list is operated by MailChimp.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you to send relevant legal updates and other marketing materials. You can opt out from our mailing list at any time by contacting us or via the “unsubscribe” link at the foot of each email we send out.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To persons in the law firm and/or chambers where we work.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.